Sunday, June 29, 2008

All Used Up!

So, I'm cleaning out a desk drawer and find a sticky note. My first inclination was to throw it in the trash pile. Then I decided to read it. I don't know if any of you ever read Erma Bombeck, or even know who she was. But trust me when I say she was a wise woman! Anyway - here's her quote that was on my sticky note.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

My, my...I better get busy. Maybe you should too? Here's the thing; in the United States this day launches us into a week of celebration. The fourth of July is just around the corner and while BBQ and fireworks will reign supreme, I hope we remember the amazing privilege we have to share our God-given gifts in freedom as needed. Imagine what the world really would be like if we all used up our gift and talent quotas each day!?!

No comments: