Tuesday, June 24, 2008


The Westminster Dictionary of Theological terms defines the latin phrase, sensus plenior, in this way: ("fuller sense") A term used in biblical interpretation for the view that there is meaning to Scripture passages beyond what was originally intended by the biblical writers and that this meaning emerges through the life and experience of readers. (p 255)


I have been reading blog after blog these past few years and experiencing sensus plenior. Then the other day it hit me - if I experience a "fuller sense" when reading other blogs, wouldn't it be even more expansive if I blogged myself? Of course I do not know the answer to that question yet. But I am starting my journey to a fuller understanding and experience of this world God has created and placed us in with this blogspot. I look forward to entering into conversations that will lend deeper and fuller meaning to the "stuff of life".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Polly,

Great decision to start a blog. I get so much out of our converstations and I look forward to 'hearing' your thoughts via this medium.

Roger